Do you have an aspiring Steve McCurry or Annie Leibovitz in the family? A child who seems to be able to capture the essence of a holiday and what it represents at the click of a button? Or do they have an eye for a perfectly framed shot?
Last year, we launched our inaugural Photo Competition and were blown away with the results, both by your enthusiasm in sharing your holiday images as much as the images themselves.
How could we NOT run a photo competition again this year?! For 2018, though, we’ve decided to make it bigger and better, adding an additional ‘fun’ category.
So, in the spirit of encouraging young talent, adding a little healthy competition into your summer holiday snapping, providing a platform in which to further appreciate the world around us (and to cheer us all up once we’ve come back with a bump come Autumn term) here’s the deal.
There are four categories in the photo competition. The themes for entries are as follows:
- Best cultural (can include anything from images of historic buildings to portraits of local people, anything that typifies the culture of the country the image represents)
- Best natural world (animals, landscapes, etc.)
- Best Active Family Photo (an image which includes family members, or the whole family, doing something adventurous / interesting)
- Most quirky (we’ve decided to throw in a ‘wild-card’ category so let your imagination run wild – it could be an animal doing something comical, or a child, or a road sign or an interesting dish on the menu. Surprise us!)
One winner for each category, in each age group, will then go forward to the ‘Best Overall Photo’ competition, the winner to be chosen by the judges mentioned below.
Who can enter
The competition is open to all children aged between 5 and 18 years and will be split into two age groups: Under 11’s and Under 18’s.
The competition is now open and submissions can be sent at any time but we do ask that all entries are in by the end of the day on the closing date of Monday 17th September.
There will be a £50 prize for each category in each age group.
The overall winner will be awarded £150.
There will be three judges; Liddy Pleasants, Stubborn Mule founder, Arthur Ridout, last year’s Photo Competition winner and John Warburton Lee, a true travel photography professional who, as well as owning his own travel image library (take a look, they’re amazing!) is a father of three.
How to enter
Please send all entries, in jpeg format between 1MB and 8MB in size to: firstname.lastname@example.org by end of Monday, 17th September 2018.
- Participants can enter more than once but there is a maximum of five entries per person in total (any category).
- We will consider entries for photos taken within the last two years.
- All entries MUST have been taken in a Stubborn Mule destination and on a Stubborn Mule adventure.
- Please enter ‘Stubborn Mule Summer Holiday Photo Competition’ as the subject header.
- All submissions must include the photographer’s name, age, category being entered, details of where the photo was taken and subject matter (i.e. what the image represents).
- The judges’ decision is final.
- All entries are submitted on the understanding that they will be used in future publicity material (all images will be duly credited to the photographer), including newsletters, social media and the Stubborn Mule website.
The winner will be announced in the October Stubborn Mule newsletter.
Best of luck!!!